Thursday, July 10, 2008

Upside of Culture - You've got to move it!

Not that I'm trying to turn culture thursdays into dance party listings but there two very awesome nights going on this weekend. 


To start what will no doubt be a long running night called "Murder at The Ossington" held at the new bar The Ossington(61 Ossington.) DJ Bilbao will be 'playing weird sounds, disturdbing oddities, and guilty pleasures' every 2nd thursday of the month starting 
tonight, Thursday July 10. Check out his  murdershepodcasted podcast. It's very good, I promise.









Will Munro is kickin' up dance parties of the past with NO T.O. happening at The Beaver(1192 Queen St. W.) Back in my youngster days I couldn't pass up on this night when it was at Thymeless. It was my sanctuary. Dreams in No Wave/Italian Disco/Post Punk. Gawd my feet never hurts so much.










On a side note check out the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibit at Nathan Phillips Square running Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Though some of it can be pricey and stale, occasionally you'll find an artist with some punch. If you've got any happenings you're hitting up this weekend, be sure to post them below. 

ciao!
mike.

No comments: